Primo Cocktail Frankfurts Cocktail 1kg

77

Our estimation negative

This product is very high in food additives. From a technological point of view, it’s sometimes necessary to add them, but the amount that this contains is a little scary. The amount of meat could also be better – this has only 74%. When we choose products like this, we don’t encourage producers to change their compositions. It’s better to look for meat products that contain a minimum of 85% or even 90% – or more – meat, and have it listed in first place.

Sausages that are made with only 74% meat are not the best choice. The remaining 26% are fillers and food additives that the producer uses to create the right texture and flavour. These ones get a thumbs down for using too much sodium – people with heart disease should be wary. 

Manufacturer

Primo

Ingredients
Nutritional values
  • Meat including pork (74%)
  • Water
  • Frankfurt mix [potato starch, tapioca starch, salt, modified starch (1442), soya protein isolate, soya protein concentrate, stabilisers (451, 341), spices, antioxidant (316), preservative (250), hydrolysed maize protein, spice extract]
  • Acidity regulator (325)
  • Premix [dextrose (corn), sucrose, stabilisers (450, 452)]
  • Casing: colours (120, 160b, 160c)
  • Manufactured meat

Nutritional value

in 100 g

Energy

765kJ

Protein

12.5g

Fat Total

12.4g

Saturated Fat

4.5g

Carbohydrate

5.2g

Sugars

<1g

Sodium

1140mg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close
Checklabels.com.au © Copyright 2020. All rights reserved.
Close
Join the list! Join over 1000 members to get updates and deals only available via email.YES, SIGN ME UP!
+